Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables out there. Cooked or raw, spinach has a mild flavor. Extremely easy to grow in your garden. Watch that is doesn’t bolt during the hot summer months.
Toss spinach in salads, smoothies, and soups or add to egg dishes, pasta dishes and the list goes on.
Six reasons to add this super veggie to your diet.
- High levels of vitamin K and magnesium. Promotes good bone health and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- High levels of potassium. Helps reduce blood pressure and cut the risk of stroke and death from heart disease.
- Tons of Vitamin A. Hair and skin stay hydrated.
- Add spinach to your diet helps lower the risk of asthma.
- Zeaxanthin and lutein help prevent age related vision problems such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Spinach greens helps slow age related decline in brain function. You can than nutrients like folate found in spinach.Keep Spinach fresh: Store spinach loosely packed in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator. Should keep for around 4 days. Wash spinach just before using, other wise it will spoil if you wash it first and then store
Spinach and Mushroom Saute
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic minced
4 hand full of spinach or 6 ounce bag of spinach
salt and pepper to taste. (optional)
In a large skillet heat oil. Add the mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
Add spinach by the hand full. Cook and stir until wilted.
Season with salt and pepper and ENJOY!
http://www.candysfarmhousepantry.com/?p=2245 Gnocchi with Peas
http://www.candysfarmhousepantry.com/?p=1745 Sautéed Fresh Green Beans