Does your family enjoy fresh homemade juice? Here is a delicious juice which taste like V8 juice. This is called V7 Juice. There are only seven ingredients. We process this V7 Juice in a water bath process. Honestly a couple of jars never get processed. They are consumed before being put in the water bath. Fresh vegetables, no preservatives. Doesn’t get any better tasting or healthier.
Needed: Strainer, large bowl, non-reactive pot (glass, enamel or stainless steel), potato masher.
Ingredients: 24 pounds tomatoes, 1 pound carrots scrubbed diced, 1 bunch celery scrubbed diced, 1 cup diced onions, 1 large bunch parsley, 1 Tablespoon sea salt, 1 bottle lemon juice.
- Wash tomatoes. Slice a shallow edge from the top of the tomato, to remove the stem and core.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Add tomatoes to your stockpot. Use a potato masher (or immersion blender) to break up wedges. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, parsley.
- Stir frequently to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Simmer 35 minutes. Carrots and celery should be tender.
- Strain everything into a large pot.
- Return liquid to clean stockpot.
- Juice remaining vegetables. Use a food mill, food processor or blender.
- Strain vegetables. Add to rest of your liquid.
- Add salt.
- Heat juice to 190 degrees. DO NOT BOIL.
- Wash and prepare glass jar and lids.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice to each pint jar. 2 Tablespoons to quart jar.
- Ladle hot juice into jars. Leave 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe jars. Add lids and rings.
- In a hot water bath, process pints 35 minutes. Quarts 40 minutes.
- Shake before drinking.
Tip: You can add 1 cup of spinach, 1 Tablespoon black pepper or 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Remember it is your juice, make it to your tastes.