Here in the picture are five jar cakes without any frosting. Ladies this is so easy!
Remember you are not limited to just cake. Brownies, banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread the possibilities are endless.
If you seal the jars (which I did not obviously) they will stay moist up to 6 months. If yours last 6 months more power to you. I have a meeting tonight with some ladies and these are going to be our treats.
- Wash and sterilize your jars and jar lids.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the inside of your jars with oil.
- Make your cake mix.
- Using 1/4 cup scoop add batter to jars. I fill mine just under half. (they will rise and spill over if you add to much). Everyone uses different size jars. Play around and see what works for you.
- Wipe rim and side of jars clean.
Bake 15 minutes depending on size of jar. Insert a knife and if it comes out clean, they are done.
If you are going to seal your jars do the following. Boil rings and lids. Take jars out of the oven and add lids and rings immediately. Within 15 minutes your jars will seal. Ping Ping is what you want to hear.
These make wonderful gifts (hint, hint). Decorate them anyway you like.
Please tell me what you made in a jar and how you decorated them. ENJOY!